The bright leaves of Fall are amazing inspiration for table settings. This DIY table decor project takes just minutes, uses only "found" elements, and is perfect for the little ones to help make.
To make these simple table settings, start by taking a relaxing nature walk.
1) Choose the pretties leaves you find along the way and collect them, making sure to keep them as flat as possible during the journey.
2) Then, find some paper at home that can be upcycled - I've used a paper grocery bag I received on a day when I'd forgotten my reusable totes. This is the perfect way to give it new life! Get creative - anything destined for the recycling bin is fair game for this project. Cut or tear them into rectangles, about 3x4 inches.
3) Let the little ones have fun coloring the paper, adding their own personal touches. This is a perfect distraction while you're finishing dinner preparations!
4) Write the names of your guests onto each square, and glue the leaves onto the paper. Some on the back, some on the front - whatever looks best with the leaves and coloring on that particular square are perfect.
5) Place the name cards onto each guest's plate, and prepare for a fun event!
The kids love being involved, and can participate no matter how old or young they are. The littlest are in charge of finding pretty leaves or coloring, and the older ones get to write names or glue.
Have fun with this simple, DIY Fall table decor project that takes just minutes!