We typically think of sweet potatoes in the Fall, but they're a fantastically healthy addition to a summer barbecue. This recipe, with its fresh summer flavors, brings sweet potatoes front and center during grilling season and are a fun break from the typical steak-and-potatoes routine.
Many thanks to Nikos® Feta cheeses for sponsoring today’s story.
FETA & MINT SWEET POTATOES
Sweet Potatoes (organic if you can)
Nikos Traditional Feta crumbles
3-4 sprigs fresh mint, finely chopped
Salt & Pepper
1) Start by prepping the potatoes. Rinse them with water to remove any dirt, then wrap each individually in aluminum foil.
2) Fire up the grill and put on the potatoes. Depending on the size, this can vary. For a medium-sized potato I use medium heat for about 25 minutes. They're incredible forgiving, so just keep an eye on them from time to time and when they give to a gentle squeeze you know they're done.
3) Meanwhile, prepare the mint dressing. Mix together in a small bowl the chopped mint sprigs, a tablespoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of lemon juice, and some salt and pepper. Stir it up and you're ready to go!
4) Once the potatoes have cooked, open up the foil and cut them in half lengthwise. Sprinkle each potato half with feta and give them a minute or two on the grill with the lid closed to let the cheese warm up. Then top them with a drizzle of the mint dressing.
These are bursting with summer flavors and are a perfect side to grilled chicken, sausage, or steaks. Grilling for a vegetarian? Add chickpeas in with the feta to make these into a main dish!
Love food and love the beach? WIN A TRIP TO HAWAII!
Nikos® Feta is sending a lucky contest winner and a guest to Honolulu, Hawaii with $500 spending cash this summer for the 2015 Hawaii Food & Wine Festival (August 29 – September 13, 2015)! Simply enter their giveaway to win your seven-day, six-night trip to paradise! Aloha...
To enter, visit the Nikos Feta website or click the “Hawaii Trip” tab on their Facebook page (put down your phone, its only available from a desktop) between June 1 – July 31, 2015, and fill out the entry form. That's it!
The prize package includes:
- Roundtrip airfare for Grand Prize Winner and Guest from the airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to Honolulu, Hawaii
- Standard hotel accommodations for 6 nights/7 days (double room occupancy)
- $500 USD in spending money for the Grand Prize Winner (the “Trip Package”).
- Full contest information is available in the Official Rules accessible via either site listed below.
- The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $3,500 ...jackpot!